Monday, March 16, 2009

Videodrome Notes

One of my primary joys in life is watching BIZARRE films. Don't believe me? Check out my blog for more.
Anyway, another joy is writing about them. A Boston theater was showing a bunch of oddball midnight movies and I was really happy to be asked to write the program notes for a movie that really started a lot of my film obsessive behavior... VIDEODROME.
But I could not stay on the film note path very well. Thankfully, it was a big hit with the programmers and did not get edited out. Instead of discussing the thrilling characters, sly social commentary or grueling atmosphere of dread I decided to take it more as a personal look through the virtual helmet.

Click for fullscreen on the Issuu document below and enjoy my slightly different take on Videodrome.


2 comments:

  1. very nice,Z- you should pick up Tim Lucas' new book on the film-it's an expanded version of his Cinefantastique articles-no,not like the Bava book- he was the only journalist who actually got on set with Cronenberg...;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great notes Z. And I love that film too.

    ReplyDelete